Sunday 5 December 2010

God Save the Queen

I think I'm more interested in satire surrounding the Royal Family than the Royal Family itself - and it seems a lot of artists have had similar ideas.

 Heres a link I've found to some 


I also had a look at some of Alison Jackson's work - she satirises the famous by taking photos of their look-a-likes in awkward situations.


This photo was particularly controversial as it explored the speculations that, before their deaths, Diana and Dodi Al Fayad were expecting a baby.

"I wanted to see if people really cared whether she was real or not. So I sort of depicted this as a fantasy that existed in the public mind at the time -- which is really powerful. . . . We were all thinking: Is Diana in love with Dodi? Does she want to marry Dodi? Was she pregnant with Dodi's baby? . . . Would the monarchy have tolerated that?"

1 comment: